Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Years Resolution

Last Year's Resolutions

Spiritual: Finish reading through the bible

- In doing so I gain a better knowledge of God and his purpose and will for my life.

Physical: To train and reach the physical stamina needed to top Half Dome

- In doing so I improve my stature in a healthy way that avoids all of those fad diets, etc.

Personal: To become more aware of those around me in order to help those who need it in what ever way I can.

- I was inspired by the resent visit of some friends to seek out those around me and help where I can, monetarily, physically, in friendship, in assistance, etc.

An Achievement: Hike to the top of Half Dome

- In doing so I achieve the physical capability to do so but also face a fear of heights in the climb to the top.

A Learning/New Experience: This is yet to be determined for me, but I have something in mind it just hasn't played out yet.


This Year's Resolutions

Spiritual: Reading through the bible

- I did not accomplish this last year. But this year my dad is going to do it with me and keep me accountable.

Physical: To lose 20 pounds with going to curves, improving my eating habits, etc.

Personal: I am thinking about taking a class or two maybe in a foreign language. (I'll keep you posted)

An Achievement: To complete a multi-day backpacking trip.

A Learning/New Experience: I want to ride a horse for the first time in 15 years. This is all about facing fears. But I would really love to learn how to really ride a horse versus just sit in the saddle. I know there is an art.

1 comment:

amy said...

awesome goals sheri!